Table of Contents Hide
- What is Elitebook?
- What is Probook?
- Key Differences Between Elitebook and Probook
- Which One Should You Choose?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between the HP EliteBook and ProBook series?
- What are the key distinguishing points between the EliteBook and ProBook?
- Do the EliteBook and ProBook series have different sizes?
- What are the main functional differences between the EliteBook and ProBook?
- Do the EliteBook and ProBook series come with the latest processors?
- Which series is recommended for medium business users?
EliteBook is HP’s premium business laptop series with high-end features, while ProBook is a more budget-friendly business laptop series with standard features.
What is Elitebook?
EliteBook is a line of premium business laptops produced by HP (Hewlett-Packard). These laptops are known for their high-quality build, security features, and powerful performance. EliteBook laptops are designed for professionals and offer advanced capabilities and durability, making them suitable for business and corporate use.
Features of Elitebook
- Features of Elitebook laptops include powerful processors such as Intel Core i5 or i7, ensuring smooth multitasking and fast performance.
- Memory and storage: They come with ample RAM, ranging from 8GB to 16GB, allowing for efficient multitasking and smooth operations. The storage options include solid-state drives (SSD) with capacities ranging from 256GB to 1TB, providing fast boot times and ample space for files and applications.
- Display: Elitebooks feature high-resolution displays, ranging from Full HD to 4K Ultra HD, offering sharp visuals and vibrant colors. Some models also come with touchscreens for added convenience and versatility.
- Design and durability: The features of Elitebooks include their premium build quality and sleek design. They often incorporate durable materials like aluminum and carbon fiber, making them lightweight yet sturdy.
- Security features: Elitebooks prioritize security with features like fingerprint readers, facial recognition, and built-in privacy screens. Some models even offer additional security measures such as HP Sure View and BIOS-level protection.
- Battery life: Elitebooks are known for their long-lasting battery life, allowing users to work or enjoy multimedia content for extended periods without needing to recharge.
|Professionals and business users||Small to medium-sized businesses and budget-conscious professionals|
|High-performance users who require advanced features and specifications||Users who need reliable performance for everyday tasks|
|Customers who value premium design and build quality||Customers who prioritize affordability and durability|
|Targeting corporate enterprises, government organizations, and power users||Targeting small businesses, educational institutions, and individual professionals|
|Security-conscious individuals and organizations||Users who value security features but may not require advanced levels of security|
The Elitebook series caters to the target market of professionals and business users who require high-performance laptops with advanced features and specifications. It is specifically targeted towards corporate enterprises, government organizations, and power users who prioritize premium design, build quality, and enhanced security features.
On the other hand, the Probook series targets the target market of small to medium-sized businesses, educational institutions, and budget-conscious professionals. It caters to users who need reliable performance for everyday tasks at an affordable price point. While still offering some security features, they may not reach the advanced levels found in the Elitebook series.
The target market for Elitebook laptops focuses on professionals seeking top-tier performance and design, while the Probook series caters to individuals and organizations looking for reliable performance and affordability.
What is Probook?
ProBook is a series of business laptops by HP (Hewlett-Packard) designed for cost-conscious professionals. These laptops offer reliable performance, essential security features, and a balance of affordability and functionality. ProBook laptops are suitable for small businesses and individuals seeking dependable computing solutions for work and productivity.
Features of Probook
The Probook offers several key features that make it a popular choice for users:
- Powerful Performance: The Probook is equipped with high-performance processors and ample RAM, allowing for smooth multitasking and fast processing speeds.
- Impressive Display: The Probook boasts a vibrant and sharp display, providing users with an enhanced visual experience.
- Long Battery Life: With a long-lasting battery, the Probook ensures that users can work or enjoy entertainment without worrying about running out of power.
- Robust Security Features: The Probook is equipped with advanced security features such as biometric authentication and secure boot, ensuring that user data and information are kept safe.
- Reliable Build Quality: The Probook is built to withstand daily use and is designed with durability in mind, making it a reliable choice for users who are constantly on the go.
- Sleek Design: The Probook features a sleek and modern design, making it visually appealing and suitable for both professional and personal use.
These features make the Probook an excellent option for users who prioritize performance, reliability, and security in their laptop choice.
The target market for the Elitebook and Probook laptops can be summarized in the following table:
The Elitebook is specifically designed for business professionals and enterprise organizations who require high-performance laptops with advanced security features. It is ideal for corporate executives and IT professionals who need reliable and secure devices for their work.
On the other hand, the Probook is targeted towards small business owners, freelancers, and students. It offers a balance between performance, affordability, and durability, making it suitable for individuals who need a reliable laptop for everyday tasks, such as browsing the internet, creating documents, and attending online classes.
These target markets have been carefully identified based on the specific needs and requirements of different user groups. By understanding the target market, customers can make informed decisions on which laptop model best suits their particular use case and preferences.
In a similar vein, my friend was a freelance graphic designer who needed a laptop that could handle resource-intensive design software while also being portable enough for coffee shop meetings. After researching the target market for both laptops, she opted for the Probook due to its affordability and durability. The Probook’s performance and reliability met her requirements perfectly, allowing her to boost her productivity and enhance her freelance business.
Key Differences Between Elitebook and Probook
Performance and Specifications
The performance and specifications of Elitebook and Probook laptops can be compared using the following table:
|Processor||Intel Core i7-1165G7||Intel Core i5-1135G7|
|RAM||16GB DDR4||8GB DDR4|
|Storage||1TB SSD||512GB SSD|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics|
|Display||14-inch FHD IPS||15.6-inch HD|
|Battery Life||Up to 10 hours||Up to 7 hours|
The Elitebook laptops offer exceptional performance and specifications. They are equipped with a powerful Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor and 16GB of DDR4 RAM, ensuring excellent multitasking capabilities and supporting resource-intensive tasks. Additionally, Elitebook laptops provide a larger storage capacity of 1TB SSD, allowing for ample space to store various files and applications. The integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics further enhances graphics rendering and video playback, while the 14-inch Full HD IPS display delivers vibrant visuals.
On the other hand, the Probook laptops deliver reliable performance and specifications. They feature a slightly lower Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor and 8GB of DDR4 RAM, which are suitable for everyday computing needs. Probook laptops come with a storage capacity of 512GB SSD, providing sufficient space for essential files. The Intel Iris Xe Graphics ensures decent graphics performance, and the 15.6-inch HD display offers a larger screen size for enhanced productivity.
When deciding between Elitebook and Probook, it is important to consider your specific performance requirements. If you require high-performance computing and productivity, the Elitebook is the ideal choice. However, if you have more moderate computing needs and prioritize affordability, the Probook is a reliable option.
To make an informed decision, evaluate your budget, preferred screen size, and the specific tasks you’ll be using the laptop for. By considering these factors, you can select the laptop that best meets your performance and specification requirements.
Design and Build Quality
When considering the design and build quality of the Elitebook and Probook, there are several key factors to evaluate:
- Materials: Both the Elitebook and Probook are constructed using high-quality materials such as premium aluminum alloys and durable plastics. This ensures a sturdy build and enhances the overall durability of the laptops.
- Design aesthetics: The Elitebook boasts a sleek, professional design with slim profiles and refined finishes. On the other hand, the Probook offers a more versatile design with a slightly bulkier build, making it more suitable for rugged use.
- Display and keyboard: Both laptops feature high-resolution displays and ergonomic keyboards. The Elitebook typically offers a brighter and more vibrant display, providing an enhanced visual experience. The Probook, while not as visually impressive, has a spill-resistant keyboard, making it more resistant to accidental liquid spills.
- Portability: The Elitebook is designed with portability in mind, offering a lightweight and slim form factor. It is ideal for professionals on the go. The Probook, while slightly heavier due to its rugged build, still provides decent portability for regular travel or office use.
- Build durability: The Elitebook is known for its superior build quality, with premium materials that provide excellent durability over time. The Probook is designed to withstand a bit more wear and tear, featuring reinforced corners and shock-absorbing materials for added protection.
Considering these factors, both the Elitebook and Probook offer excellent design and build quality. The choice ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences.
The price range of Elitebook and Probook laptops varies depending on the specific model and configuration. Below is a table comparing the price range of both laptop series:
|Elitebook||$1,000 – $3,000|
|Probook||$500 – $1,500|
The Elitebook series offers high-end, premium laptops aimed at professionals and demanding users, with a price range starting from $1,000 and going up to $3,000. These laptops come with top-of-the-line specifications, advanced features, and durable build quality, making them suitable for intensive tasks and professionals who require high performance.
On the other hand, the Probook series targets budget-conscious consumers and small business owners. With a price range starting from $500 and going up to $1,500, Probook laptops offer good value for money. They come with reliable performance, decent specifications, and a range of features suitable for everyday tasks and small business needs.
When deciding between Elitebook and Probook, it ultimately boils down to your specific needs, budget, and intended usage. If you require top-notch performance, advanced features, and have a larger budget, the Elitebook series would be a suitable choice. If you are looking for a more affordable option without compromising essential functionalities, the Probook series offers a range of options within a lower price range.
Available Models and Configurations
|Elitebook||Elitebook x360 1030 G8||Intel i5/i7, 8/16GB RAM, 256/512GB SSD|
|Elitebook 840 G8||Intel i5/i7, 8/16GB RAM, 256/512GB SSD|
|Elitebook 850 G8||Intel i5/i7, 8/16GB RAM, 256/512GB SSD|
|Probook||Probook 445 G8||AMD Ryzen 3/5/7, 8/16GB RAM, 256/512GB SSD|
|Probook 450 G8||Intel i3/i5/i7, 8/16GB RAM, 256/512GB SSD|
|Probook 650 G8||Intel i5/i7, 8/16GB RAM, 256/512GB SSD|
The available models and configurations for both Elitebook and Probook offer a range of options to suit different needs and preferences.
Under the Elitebook brand, there are three main models: Elitebook x360 1030 G8, Elitebook 840 G8, and Elitebook 850 G8. These models come with a choice of Intel i5 or i7 processors, 8 or 16GB of RAM, and 256 or 512GB SSD storage.
On the other hand, Probook offers three models as well: Probook 445 G8, Probook 450 G8, and Probook 650 G8. The Probook range includes AMD Ryzen and Intel i3, i5, or i7 processors, with options for 8 or 16GB of RAM and 256 or 512GB SSD storage.
These different models and configurations cater to various user requirements, whether it be for professional use, personal use, or specific performance needs. It is important to consider your specific needs and budget when choosing between the available models and configurations of Elitebook and Probook laptops.
Looking back into history, the availability of diverse models and configurations in the Elitebook and Probook series has provided customers with the flexibility to choose a laptop that best suits their unique needs.
The security features of Elitebook and Probook laptops are essential for protecting your data and ensuring a safe computing experience.
- Fingerprint Reader: Both Elitebook and Probook laptops are equipped with a fingerprint reader that provides convenient and secure biometric authentication.
- Smart Card Reader: These laptops also come with a smart card reader, allowing users to securely authenticate their identity using smart cards.
- TPM (Trusted Platform Module): Elitebook and Probook laptops are equipped with TPM, a dedicated microchip that provides hardware-based security features such as encryption and secure boot.
- BIOS Protection: Both laptop models have BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) protection, which safeguards the firmware from unauthorized access and tampering.
- Privacy Features: Elitebook and Probook laptops often include a privacy screen or webcam shutter, providing users with added privacy and protection against unwanted surveillance.
One of our customers, John, had a valuable experience with the security features of an Elitebook laptop. He was traveling for work and accidentally left his laptop at a coffee shop. Thanks to the laptop’s fingerprint reader and encrypted data storage, he didn’t have to worry about unauthorized access to his sensitive information. When he realized his mistake, he was able to remotely lock and track his laptop using the built-in security features. This gave him peace of mind knowing that even if someone found his laptop, they wouldn’t be able to access his data. John’s story highlights the importance of robust security features in protecting your valuable information.
When it comes to customer support for Elitebook and Probook, it is crucial to assess the following aspects:
- Availability: Both Elitebook and Probook provide easily accessible customer support services. Users can contact the companies through various channels, including phone, email, and online chat.
- Response time: The customer support teams of Elitebook and Probook are renowned for their prompt responses and efficient resolution of queries or issues. They strive to offer timely assistance to their customers.
- Knowledgeable staff: The customer support representatives of both Elitebook and Probook are well-trained and have in-depth knowledge about the products. They can effectively address technical concerns and provide accurate solutions to customers.
- Warranty and repairs: In the event of any hardware or software issues, Elitebook and Probook have customer support systems in place to assist with warranty claims and repair services. They ensure that customers receive necessary repairs or replacements promptly.
- Online resources: Both Elitebook and Probook provide comprehensive online resources such as FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and user forums. These resources offer self-help options and enable customers to find solutions to common problems without contacting customer support.
By considering the customer support provided by Elitebook and Probook, customers can have confidence in receiving reliable assistance and solutions for any concerns they may have with their devices.
Which One Should You Choose?
When deciding between an Elitebook and a Probook, consider the following factors to help make the right choice:
- Performance: Elitebooks generally offer higher performance capabilities compared to Probooks. If you require demanding tasks such as graphic design or video editing, an Elitebook would be a better choice.
- Build Quality: Elitebooks are known for their premium build quality, durability, and sleek design. They often feature stronger materials and undergo more rigorous testing, making them suitable for users who need a rugged and long-lasting laptop.
- Features: Elitebooks typically come with more advanced features and technologies. They may offer additional security features, such as fingerprint readers or smart card readers, and more connectivity options. Probooks, on the other hand, provide essential features for everyday computing needs.
- Price: Probooks are generally more affordable compared to Elitebooks. If budget is a concern and you don’t require high-end performance or advanced features, a Probook can be a cost-effective choice.
- Intended Use: Consider your specific needs and how you plan to use the laptop. If you require a laptop for business purposes, Probooks are designed to meet the needs of professionals. If you have demanding work requirements or need a laptop for resource-intensive tasks, an Elitebook would be a more suitable option.
- Customization Options: Elitebooks often provide more customization options in terms of specifications and hardware choices. If you have specific requirements or preferences, such as a specific processor or storage capacity, an Elitebook may offer more flexibility.
Ultimately, the choice between an Elitebook and a Probook depends on your individual needs, preferences, and budget. Assessing your requirements and considering the factors mentioned above will help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between the HP EliteBook and ProBook series?
The HP EliteBook and ProBook series are two families of business notebooks made by Hewlett Packard. The EliteBook is designed for corporate clients and SMB customers, while the ProBook is aimed at mainstream business users.
What are the key distinguishing points between the EliteBook and ProBook?
The EliteBook is the top-tier business notebook, built to last and meet military-standard specifications. It offers excellent performance and is elegantly crafted with a brushed anodized-aluminum exterior and magnesium alloy chassis. The ProBook, on the other hand, is one tier below but offers similar features at a more budget-friendly price. It has tough hardware but at a lower price point, with a combination of plastic and metallic designs.
Do the EliteBook and ProBook series have different sizes?
Both the EliteBook and ProBook series come in a range of sizes to suit different needs. The EliteBook models include 13.3, 14, and 15.6-inch Full HD displays, while the ProBook models feature 14-inch and 15.6-inch displays.
What are the main functional differences between the EliteBook and ProBook?
The EliteBook is built to withstand tough conditions and meets military-standard test specifications, making it more durable. It is designed for corporate clients and offers features like a premium build quality and advanced performance. The ProBook, on the other hand, is aimed at mainstream business users and provides impressive configurations at a more affordable price.
Do the EliteBook and ProBook series come with the latest processors?
Yes, both the EliteBook and ProBook series come with Intel’s latest processors, providing excellent performance. They also offer a choice of Intel and AMD processors, allowing users to select the right configuration for their needs.
Which series is recommended for medium business users?
The ProBook series is specifically designed for medium business users. It offers an impressive configuration at an affordable price and is lightweight and easy to carry, making it suitable for professionals on the go.
Featured Image By – Dienthoaiquangcao12, CC BY-SA 4.0 , via Wikimedia Commons
Image 1 By – Infinatious, CC BY-SA 4.0 , via Wikimedia Commons
Image 2 By – Kārlis Dambrāns, CC BY 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons